Janaki Medical College
(Operated by Ram Janaki Health Foundation Pvt. Ltd.)
Text Books and Reference Books for MBBS First Year (Tribhuvan University)
10.1 Course Title: Community Medicine I Paper I
- Bonita and Beaglehole. Basic Epidemiology. WHO Publications
- Park JE, Park K. Textbook of Social and Preventive Medicine
- Lilienfied & Lilienfield Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Robert H Fletcher, Suzanne W Fletcher and Edward H Wagner, Clinical Epidemiology, Second Edition, Williams and Wilkins 1988.
10.1B: Biostatistics and Research
Recommended Reference Books:
- Hill AB. Principles of Medical Statistics, Bl Publications, New Delhi
- Mahajan BK. Methods in Biostatistics for medical students and research workers Jaypee Brothers, New Delhi
- Bhende, AA and Kanitar T. Principles of population studies. Himalaya Publishing House, Bombay
- Misra BD. An introduction to the study of population” South Asian Publishers Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- Mahajan BK. Method in Biostatistics. Jaypee Publishers, New Delhi
- Shryock, HS; Siegel JS; and Associate. The methods and materials of Demography. US Bureau of Census, Washington DC.
- Cox RC. Demography. Cambridge University Press.
10.1 Course Title: Community Medicine II
10.2A: Health Promotion and Education Paper II
- Pradhan, Hari Bhakta, Textbook of Health Education, Educational Publishing House Kathmandu
- Ramchandra L, Dharmalingam T., A Textbook of Health Education, Vikas Publishing. New Delhi
- Lawrence Green et al. Health Education a diagnostic and planning approach – PRECEDE and PROCEED Framework
- Ottawa Charter and Jakarta Declaration of 1986 and 1997
- Bedworth David & Bedworth A. Health Education: A process of human effectiveness. Harper and Row, New York, 1978.
- Guilbert, JJ, Educational Handbook for Health Professional, Geneva: WHO, 1977
10.2B: Medical Sociology and Anthropology Paper II
- Dixit, Hemang. Nepal’s Quest for Health, Educational Publishing House, Kathmandu.
- Foster, George M., and Anderson, Barbora, G. Medical Anthropology
- Freeman, E. Howard, Levine, Sol, and Reeder G. Leo (edited 1979): Handbook of Medical Sociology; Third Edition, Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Gartoulla, Ritu Prasad. An introduction to Medical Sociology and Medical Anthropology, RECID/N, Kathmandu.
- Gartoulla, Ritu Prasad. Therapy Pattern of Conventional Medicine, RECID/N, Kathmandu.
- Mechanic, D. Medical Sociology: A selective view, New York, The Free Press.
- Werner, D. and Bower W. Helping Health Workers Learn. Palo Alto, CA, Hesperian Foundation.
10.2 C: Environment and Occupational Health `Paper II
- Abbasi, SA. Environmental Pollution and its Control. India. Cogent International, 1998.
- Bryan, FL. Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Evaluations. Geneva. WHO, 1992
- Gleeson C and Gray. The Coliform Index and waterborne Disease, Problem of microbial drinking water assessment. London. E & F. N. Spon, 1997.
- Chapman D. Water Quality Assessment. London, Chapman and Hail, 1992.
- Cheesbrough M. Medical Laboratory Manual for Tropical Countries. Vol. I and II. ELBS Publication, 1993
- Cooper P F et al. Reed Beds and constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment. Swindon: WRc pic, 1996.
- Lucas, AO and Gills HM. Preventive Medicine for the Tropics. London: Edward Arnold, 1990.
- MOPE/ICIMOD/UNEP. Nepal: Status of Environment Report 2001. Kathmandu.
- Park, K. Preventive and Social Medicine. India: Banarsidas Bhanot, 1997
- Peavy HS, Rowe DR and Tchobanoglous G. Environmental Engineering. McGraw-Hill International Editions, 1985.
- Pradhan, PK. (2003), Manual for Urban Rural Linkage and Rural Development Analysis. Kathamndu: New Hira Book Enterprises.
- Santra, SC. Environmental Science. India: New Central Book Agency, 2001
- Tebbutt, THY. Principle of Water Quality Control. Pergaman Press, 1992.
- WHO/WMO/UNEP (1996), Climate Change and Human Health. Geneva: WHO
- Hunter D. Diseases of Occupation
- Jeyaratnam J. (ed). Occupational Health in Developing Countries
- Early Detection of Occupational Diseases
- Labour Act and Regulations of Nepal
10.2D: Family Health Paper II
- Adhikari RK. and Krantz ME. Child Nutrition and Health. Health Learning Material Center, TU, loM
- King FS and Burgess A. Nutrition for Developing Countries. Oxford Medical Publication
- The Health Aspect of Food and Nutrition, WHO
- Fundamentals of Sociology
- Nepal Demographic and Health Survey, 2006
10.3 COURSE TITLE: COMMUNITY MEDICINE Paper III
10.3A: Integrated Community Medicine Practical
- Hale, C. Shrestha IB and Bhattacharya A. Community Diagnosis Manual, HLMC Institute of Medicine, 1996
- Field Training Manual. FESU, Institute of Medicine, 1995 :
- Bennette FJ. Community Diagnosis and Health Action; A manual for tropical and rural areas, Churchill Livingstone 1979.
Courtesy: National Centre for Health Professions Education, Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University; Curriculum for Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Kathmandu, 2008.